Monday 9 November 2009

From The Times* Letter Pages...

Glyn Roberts, estimable manager of the globally-famous Rake at Borough Market, has reported on the 1st Utobeer Awards at his blog. A correspondent writes...

Sirs,
I have just read with interest the results of the First Utobeer Awards, and notice the omission of a key staff member. Mr Glyn Roberts was not in receipt of an award despite attending the lavish ceremony. Was this an oversight? I had heard that the Victor Meldrew Award was scheduled to be awarded at this event. I trust this was omitted from the list in error and will be corrected forthwith.

I remain, your servant etc etc

*By Times, I am not, of course referring to the London Times owned by News International. As far as you know.

1 comment:

rabidbarfly said...

Sir, I would like to point out that Glyn Roberts, Estimable Manager of the Globablly Famous Rake has very recently won yet another award and felt that if he were to get another one it would make everyone else feel inferior. So he gallantly stepped aside this year.
Yours etc....